Sunday, December 18, 2011

Griffin’s Beacon comes to Android

by Mark R - on December 13th, 2011



For those who are looking for a Universal Remote, and have an Android smartphone, your prayers have been answered.

Okay, you probably should pray for bigger things than a universal remote for your Android smartphone, but Griffin still has the answer with the Beacon. The Beacon was very popular for iOS, and the Android shift is welcome.


The Beacon is designed to be completely wireless. It doesn’t even need to be plugged in at all, and requires 4 AA batteries for operation. The user syncs their phone via Bluetooth, and then downloads Dijit’s universal remote app to pair with their TV, DVD, Blu-ray, DVR, cable box, and stereo. The Dijit app also comes with an integrated program guide for a touchscreen device for changing channels, volumes, input, as well as setting a DVR.

It really does make it easier, as the other day I was looking for my remote control. I lose my remotes all the time, but I hardly lose my phone. If I lose it at home, I just go to a site like icantfindmyphone.com. Oh, and it is good to have one remote for everything as well.

You should be able to get the Beacon for Android on the Griffin website for about $69.99. It is compatible with Android phones, tablets, or MP3 players running version 2.3.3 or higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment